01 December 2008

wild

i'm right here
smilin' ear to ear
feelin' the heat of you and your muscled forearm leaning into my ribs.
i'm all melty inside
happily conscious of the feeling you leave me with
a residue
like aftertaste
of the most delectable variety
i'd sip the taste of you
every day for a million years
wipe you off my lip, or
leave a taste to remind
me later,
that like brushing my teeth, i'd missed a spot
with the handtowel on the silver hook.

my moonlight shines out and to the tips of
your eyelashes
and they flicker there
as i watch you breathe
in and out
i feel it
the reverberation
of your beautiful breath
mine too

i have beautiful breath
albeit not always anything more than ripe

i like to watch the rain
fall down
on that slim spot there, underneath your collarbone
or on my freckled
shoulder

warm
and beautiful
it makes me wish for
too many kisses in a row
when breaths are taken, barely
in between gasps
the guttural, deep down in the lowerbelly kind of gasps
which feel more
magical than
any taste
food
drug
i've yet to consume

i imagine you taste like a long weekend on the coast, where inbetween long bouts of love, mangoes and the salty rasp of earth met us along the way for slight
nourishment
just in time
for the next round

satiety enamors me
with its notion
of what it might
be like
watching you dispel my apprehension
putting holes of disbelief into
the balloon of my
hope
freak flag

positing that
yes
it's real
it's possible

it's here for a minute anyway
and,
in this life

wild abandon, shared unabashedly between hearts
is what
it's all about

it's art
work
light
and grace

only vanquished by
doubt

No comments:

lovely africa

lovely africa