18 March 2009

Colonic Tonic

Just stepped into The Bean, for a cup of hot, black coffee, in hopes of clearing the, what feels like 10 lbs of sediment sitting in my intestines this morning. A whole lot of greens the past few days, and maybe not quite enough water? Like a cigarette in the morning (so I’ve heard from many smoking friends), it is a catalyst I seek.

In addition to the hot, black, java fix, I am greeted with Ani lyrics (it's not just everywhere that you'll hear Ani DiFranco belting some folk). Singing boldy, with zest, I glance out the window into an icy parking lot parked with cars of every size, shape, color and age. Here I am, working at a mix of blue-collar, white-collar facility, in the northern part of a state whose had its fair share of blows to its economic base over the past few years. Lucky for us, we stand tall. For now.

No comments:

lovely africa

lovely africa