14 September 2010

stella

oh stella, old gal
it breaks my ever-lovin' heart today
to know
that you took
your last
zoom
down the 'boulevard'
of green-tree'd, blue-sky'd
life

who else
has been by my side
through all the laughter
tears
funerals
celebrations
kisses

the ditches
& unfortunate encounters
with springtime snowshower hydroplaning
or
keys
locked
inside
(dare I crawl through the trunk?)

the times you
saved
my
life

the songs
belted
(when perhaps you wished the windows to be open or the laryngitis
to kick in).

i will forever
love
chevrolet
not just
for a taj mahal song

but because you got me through 225,803 miles
of a beautiful life.

the good with the bad gal.

RIP to the independence of my youth!

(Stella = my 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier who took a knee today...)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

good morning beautiful.
thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog recently. I hugely appreciated it!
hope your day is as beautiful as you helped mine become a few weeks ago.
take care
-Rachel

lovely africa

lovely africa