16 December 2011

where all the dreams all hide...

I can't hardly stand the way a song lyric can rip ancient history out of the depths of your guts, splaying you wide open... tears burning in the corners of your eyes, sharp breath caught in the depths of a chest laden with memory... and yet, I can't imagine if I didn't have this undeniably beautiful ability. Perhaps that's what art is all about... as history writes new words on new pages each day of any particular life, someone out there happens across fragments of meaning finding a way to paint them into the skyline or meld them into the clay... here I find memory in the brand new, modern day lyrics, but my heart feels pangs from too many yesterdays ago... it'll always be a beautiful mystery, one I'll never be sure I want to stumble across, while simultaneously pining for another to come around... reminding me that I'm alive. Something here did it for me today... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j41mY4HQotk&feature=fvsr

No comments:

lovely africa

lovely africa